We create web experiences for schools and departments
ITS Digital Services offers free web hosting and content management to enterprise customers (i.e. schools, divisions, departments, centers, and institutes). The service is built on a customized version of multisite WordPress, a web publishing and hosting system that is flexible, scalable and easy to use. A dedicated project team is available to assist you.
Our infrastructure and support are offered to all campus units
- Easy-to-use, modern, flexible and powerful platform
- Plugin architecture for web forms, calendars, SEO, and much more
- Define different roles for your team’s contributors and editors
- Cloud hosted network
- No software to buy or support
- Custom unc.edu domain name
- Large and growing WordPress community at Carolina
Design & Development Services
We know the University and we know web design. Your web presence is a reflection of your department or school. We offer design and development services to units looking to revamp their web presence. Our fees are based on the needs of the project.
While every project is unique, we follow a core four-phase process outlined below:
- Define project goals
- Identify audience and user needs
- Establish content strategy
- Develop site architecture
- Create wireframes
- Identify requirements
- Establish roles and responsibilities
- Produce mockups based on design goals
- Provide guidelines for reviewing and feedback
During this phase, Digital Services often partners with UNC Creative to deliver custom designs.
- Develop standards-compliant website shell
- Site styling and testing
- Begin content migration (when applicable)
- Complete content migration*
- Establish domain mapping
- Produce documentation
- Provide training
- Establish maintenance and support plan
- Client assumes site management
* Digital Services can assist with content migration but additional fees may apply.