Plugin: UNC People Directory
This plugin is available only to Departmental Publishing users.
- Add custom lists of UNC faculty, staff, or students to any page or post on your site
- Syncs with Active Directory once each night to update official UNC personnel information
- Allows use of groups or individual onyen listings
- Creates directory post type for each individual so that each person has unique URL
- To list all affiliated people in a department, use Directory > Divisions to create a division name and enter the department’s six-digit chartfield string (look up number under Department section); optionally you can list onyens too, or combine department codes and onyens.
- Click Preview button to show results before building the directory.
- Click Sync Directory button to add posts for your list of onyens. Click Update button.
- In the location you want the directory to appear, add shortcode to the page using the following syntax:
[upd_people_group divisions="slug1, slug2" onyens="onyen1, onyen2, onyen3"][/upd_people_group]
- Listing onyens in the shortcode above is a manual option for fetching those people outside the division setting
- Posts will be generated upon syncing with AD. New entries are saved as Draft by default, but Under Directory > Admin Settings, you can choose Publish New Entries to make new posts live upon creation.
- You can manually create a new page for each person using New Directory Entry. Edit as needed to override the official UNC Directory details.
- To alter the layout of each Directory post (full-width, right sidebar, etc.), use Appearance > Layout > Directory Entry and select the desired style.
- Use Custom CSS to target directory classes and modify the look of your posts.