Our Redesign Process
We know the University and we know web design. Your web presence is a reflection of your department or school. We offer design and development services to units looking to revamp their web presence. Our fees are based on the needs of the project.
While every project is unique, we follow a core four-phase process outlined below:
Process Makes Perfect
- Define project goals
- Identify audience and user needs
- Establish content strategy
- Identify requirements
- Establish roles and responsibilities
- Create project plan and schedule
- Establish communication channels
- Develop site architecture
- Create wireframes
- Produce mockups based on design goals
- Provide guidelines for reviewing and feedback
During this phase, Digital Services often partners with UNC Creative to deliver custom designs.
- Develop standards-compliant website shell
- Site styling and testing
- Begin content migration (when applicable)
- Complete content migration*
- Establish domain mapping
- Produce documentation
- Provide training
- Establish maintenance and support plan
- Client assumes site management
* Digital Services can assist with content migration but additional fees may apply.
ITS Digital Services aims to create fantastic digital experiences one site at a time.